08 May 2005

Time moves on and so must people.

Technology has for the last 150 years increasingly penetrated the lives of ordinary people, resulting in changing working practices to more latterly changing methods of communication (mobile phones, high-speed Internet, email, etc) and yet I wonder if our ideas and humanity keep pace.

I am reminded of Omar Bradley’s comment “The world has achieved brilliance without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. If we continue to develop our technology without wisdom or prudence, our servant may prove to be our executioner.”

I hope to comment in this blog on humanity and all our endeavours, as imperfect and volatile as they are.

My interests are varied and my curiosity endless but more importantly the blog will record my judgements and comments over time. Readers and future generations can judge the accuracy or otherwise of these comments.

No comments: